Intended Use Statement
The UPODS soft cannula is used to deliver up to 6 LPM of supplemental oxygen to adults who have a prescription for home oxygen therapy and have received instruction from a trained healthcare professional. The nasal cannula can be used in the home, outpatient, extended care, transport and hospital environments.
The Uni-flo2 single, soft cannula is used to deliver up to 6 LPM of supplemental oxygen to adults who have a prescription for home oxygen therapy and have received instruction from a trained healthcare professional. The Uni-flo2 cannula can be used in the home, in outpatient, extended care, during transport and in hospital environments.
HCPCS code: A4615 - CANNULA, NASAL.
The Uni-flo2 cannula system represents a complete redesign of the nasal cannula. It is the first cannula designed with the patient in mind. So, it optimizes human use by being safe, secure, tender and unseen. It is more comfortable to wear and use than dual -pronged cannulas and also offers more efficient oxygen delivery so it might even reduce your oxygen bill over time. More specifically, the Uni-flo2...
- Reduces the amount of plastic that touches skin, thereby potentially reducing skin irritation by as much as 50%
- Works perfectly for oxygen delivery and requires no change in current clinical practice.
- Has a unique, patented, nasal cavity component that enables ease of use and a soft touch connection within the nasal cavity.
- Provides increased patient comfort
- Puts less product on the front of your face
- Masks less of your appearance, so more of your natural look is visible.
- Is interchangeable to either nostril, reducing nasal cavity irritation by 50%.
- Is cosmetically more appealing than the two-prong design, no noosing at neck
- Stays totally secure while eating or drinking.
- Stays secure during many indoor and outdoor activities.
- Contains a Guidance Stabilization System that adjusts to all facial contours.
- Multiple Strain Relief feature ensures continuous gas flow during day and night time conditions.
- More efficient, professional delivery of oxygen up to 1-6 LPM which can result in a higher patient POX score.
For a complete features and benefits list, see the UPODS Instructions for Use.